So what i had to do was to first of all setup PPP connection via the USB Modem network interface as detailed in one of my previous posts so that i could at-least connect to the internet. Don't try to upgrade the ATTCM with the application running because you don't know where the update is going to get downloaded and 99% of the times it doesn't come with the uninstall option and no modem driver for some wired reason.
If you are really interested, go to ATT website and download the dog file and install it manually so that at least you get the uninstall option which cleanly uninstalls the ATTCM.
I would rather stick to the ATTCM 7.2 version since it comes with correct modem drivers for SierraWireless 313U (Momentum 4G) wireless data card so that you can have the PPP working properly which is essential if you want to try VPN via data card.
So in order to disable the autostart, i ended up doing the following:
- Unplug the USB data card before doing this.
- Go to the Finder > Applications > AT&T > AT&T Communication Manager.app > Right Click > Show Package Contents
- Click on Contents
- Delete diskutil
- Click on SharedSupport > Config
- Delete the autostart INI file.
- Click on MacOS and delete the following files
- Don't delete the attcm_AppStart.app