- Go to the /Document & Settings/User Id
/ Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles
- There will be a weird looking folder under profile. Copy all the contents and paste them in the new weird looking folder in the new machine (same path) and restart FIREFOX.
- Similarly for Thunderbird, make sure your local file storage and the folder structure for your mail accounts match in both the old and the new machine. Copy over all the mbox and msf files to the same folder structure on the new machine.
- Now go to /Document & Settings/User Id
/ Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles
- There will be a weird looking folder under profile. Copy all the contents and paste them in the new weird looking folder in the new machine (same path) and restart Thunderbird.
- Sometimes Thunderbird may or may not pickup the Mbox and MSF files. Just make sure tha you go to your account settings and check the "Local Directory" under the "Server Settings" and make sure it points to the correct folder.
- Exactly the same way as above, except for the fact that you have to copy the contents to two different places for both FireFox and Thunderbird.
- FireFox folder paths are /Users/
User Id/AppData/Local/Mozilla/Firefox/Profilesand /Users/ User Id/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles
- Thunderbird folder paths are /Users/User Id
/AppData/Thunderbird/Firefox/Profilesand /Users/User Id /AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles.